Managing Chronic Pain with Natural Remedies and Healthy Habits – By Jackie Waters
Managing Chronic Pain with Natural Remedies and Healthy Habits – A Blog by Jackie Waters
It can be really scary to receive a diagnosis of a chronic condition that causes pain such as osteoarthritis, multiple sclerosis, or fibromyalgia. Will you be in pain forever? What will treatment look like? Can you still enjoy your life? It’s easy to get overwhelmed by questions and concerns related to your diagnosis.
Fortunately, you have plenty of options. From making healthy lifestyle changes to seeking natural treatments from a complementary therapist like Giuliana Wheater, there are several things you can do to ease your symptoms and live a fulfilling life. Here’s a guide full of valuable resources to help make your life easier!
Lifestyle Habits to Calm Inflammation
Healthy habits like eating clean, exercising, and sleeping well can lower inflammation in the body and help relieve symptoms of pain.
- Adopt an anti-inflammatory diet focused on fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats, and lean protein.
- From soups and stews to breakfast for dinner, you can make a wide variety of healthy dishes with basic pantry staples.
- Staying active will keep your muscles strong and flexible to reduce pain and improve your overall health.
- Gentle stretching can also relieve pain, especially when it comes to back pain.
- Finally, try to cut out unhealthy habits that may be making your pain worse.
Relieving Stress at Home
Stress is known to intensify sensations of pain in the body. To find relief from your pain, try stress-relieving techniques to relax your muscles.
- Clear negative energy from your home by cleaning, decluttering, and smudging.
- Learn some calming, deep breathing exercises to relieve stress and anxiety in just a few minutes.
- A soak in a hot bath can also help relax your muscles, reduce blood pressure, and relieve stress.
It can be tough to sleep with chronic pain, but sleeplessness can also worsen your symptoms. Find ways to improve your sleep quality naturally.
- Put your phone away and avoid blue light exposure before bed.
- Make your bedroom more calming by decluttering, sticking to minimal décor, and leaving your work at the door.
- Buying a new mattress could make a huge difference in your quality of sleep while also relieving morning stiffness.
Try Complementary Treatments
While traditional medicine may play an important role in your pain management routine, complementary medicine can also serve as a powerful coping tool.
- Massage therapy is a very common and effective treatment for many different types of chronic pain.
- While it may not work as a long-term solution, acupuncture can also help lessen your pain for a few weeks or months.
- At home, try a few yoga poses that are known to alleviate pain in the back and joints.
- If you have trouble ruminating on your pain, try mindfulness meditation to foster non-judgmental acceptance.
Don’t let chronic pain control your life. There are numerous things you can do to manage your symptoms and improve your quality of life. If you’re struggling with chronic pain, consider signing up for a yoga, massage, or mindfulness meditation session with Giuliana Wheater! To learn more or book a complementary therapy session, call 07791 977786 or email email@example.com.